Saturday, April 11, 2015

CAD orphanage.

 i am sure you  have seen my pictures, heard me talk, & seen posts about CAD. this orphanage is home to around 75 children of all ages, with smiles that will melt your heart & these kids have personality for days.


we spent most of our time there this last trip seeing what their needs are & just spending time with them. this is one of the first places i went to on my first trip to haiti in december of 2013 & one special little boy stole my heart. wilderson mauro. don't get me wrong, they ALL have a special place in my heart, but this young boy is a huge part of my life, like i have such a connection with him to the point i KNOW the lord put us together. 


    The God of peace will make me complete in every good work to do His will, working in me what is well pleasing in His sight, through Jesus Christ. (Hebrews 13:21)



when i first met him he was so shy, so quiet & wouldn't even tell me his name. 



i remember when we were there in 2013 we stopped by before we left & my heart was already sad to leave: well wilderson was outside when we pulled up & when i got off the bus he said my name. he remembered me. that meant so much to me just as much as when we remember theirs. when i go in june i am taking hello my name is stickers bc i am determined to remember each & every one of them. 




one day we drove to the DR & picked up hot dogs, pineapple & then we went to some store to get marshmallows & found some mangos on the way. that same day wendy's group had taken them to the museum so we knew it was going to be a really fun day for them. we pulled up & the kids went NUTS. they were shouting & so excited! they were yelling, "yes, yes yes" ... it was all i could do to not cry, i am sure it was the same for DD. something so simple means so much. we get out of the car & the kids were jumping all over us. the kitchen ladies were so nice to cut up all the fruit, put all the hotdogs on sticks, & put all the marshmallows on a tray for them. they had built a little fire & had sticks ready- IT WAS SO CUTE!

here is a little video of them singing around the fire before we cooked hotdogs. you can see how loud wilderson is & i LOVE it. 




they loved the hot dogs & their faces with the marshmallows made me laugh so hard. wilderson was so unsure, i am literally laughing just thinking about it. 

what was crazy was the fruit. i thought guytho & DD were going to get trampled. it was funny & made me sad at the same time. i mean guys, we take so many things for granted. FRUIT! they love it & we are going to make sure they get it. like i have said & will continue to say if you would like to sponsor these kids monthly for nutrition $50 can do so much. please email me or Facebook me if you would like to help. 


we have church that sponsors for them to have chickens. they built a coop this past january & this is an amazing source of protein for them. YAY for chickens. 



love these faces.








the kids loved the carnival day. they had games & won prizes- SO MUCH FUN. 

wilderson played a basketball game & won & then handed me what he got. its so cute bc anytime he gets things he puts them in my book bag like i am supposed to watch over them & i LOVE it. 




he is really good at almost everything- art, beating me at tic-tac-toe. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN! i thought that was an easy game? he just laughed at me. 


i cannot wait to see these kids in june & i am already putting some stuff together for them. we are taking up journals & disposable cameras to take. we are thinking of doing a study for the week & have them write in the journals & i am going to teach a photography class for them. i have been wanting to do some photo stuff with them for a while & this is the perfect opportunity. lets cultivate dreams & creativity!

please pray for everyone involved in missions around the world, wether it is in the states or in another country. one day at the time is what i have to tell myself. 

God will instruct me and teach me in the way I should go. He will guide me with His eye. (Psalm 32:8)

if you would like to donate to my next trip you can do so on my gofundme account

cheers,

Evanda



No comments:

Post a Comment