Thursday, August 21, 2014

tell me something good.

with all the bad that is going on in the world & the news constantly covering the negative, i wanted to post about stories we might not hear about that are good. people that are doing something good for the world. we all need to be reminded of hope & that there are people out there making a difference. i will also link up so you have the opportunity to donate to any of these organizations/people i have written about.

1. Haitian Christian Mission

* this one is a little close to my heart. this is where i stayed on my first mission trip to haiti. it is amazing to see & hear how much this mission has grown in the last 40 years. i have made life long friends every-time i go there & those friends i feel are like family now. there are many ways you can help this mission, by donating to sponsor a child for education , sponsoring one of the athletes through a program they call play it forward, or   donating to help with the medical facility. if you click on the hcm link above you can read all about what they do in each area because i could take up a whole blog post writing about everything that they do. you can also follow them on facebook and see all the updates & everything new they have going on.


2. Wholehearted Orphanage 

* one of the sweetest couples you will ever meet with some of the biggest hearts & sweetest children. i love love going and spending time with these kids on  my trips to haiti. so much love surrounds this home & this family radiates life & faith. please take a minute to visit their site & read about what God is doing through Lucia and Marcelin. these children are such a gift & i cannot wait to see them in december.


*this picture was taken from their facebook page

here are some more of the kids.


















3. Christina Smith

* this lady is a treasure. i met her on my first trip to haiti last december & actually got to have conversations with her this last trip in may. i feel like she is a kindred spirit & her heart for haiti is inspiring. she has been in haiti for the past year and recently came home to visit family, but is going back for another year! so exciting & so amazing to see her passion come to fruition. i asked her to write a little bit about what she will be doing & give a link so if you would like to donate you can!

" I will be volunteering with Real Hope For Haiti. RHFH has a large medical clinic and a rescue center for malnourished children. I will be homeschooling 4 children and working in the center and clinic to provide nursing care and staff support. RHFH has a well established nutrition program that not only focuses in helping people survive, but educating them so that they stay healthy. Parents take classes while their child is getting treatment and they go home together healthier and better educated with the goal in mind that they don't come back malnourished again. Parents can continue to take classes and in return get food assistance. I want to learn everything I can about this program with the possibility of implementing it in a part of Haiti that does not have these resources! I leave September 14th and will return June 2015. Donations can made on their website: www.realhopeforhaiti.org just make sure to put Christina Smith in a note or memo"



please keep her in your prayers!


-- these are all people that i know so i can stand by what i say about them. if you are thinking of giving to any of these people the money will be put to amazing use. sending a child to school, helping a village get water, helping people who need medical attention,  feeding the hungry, or even paying for a craft day for these kids. anything you can do will matter. 

Matthew 25:35-40New International Version (NIV)

35 For I was hungry and you gave me something to eat, I was thirsty and you gave me something to drink, I was a stranger and you invited me in, 36 I needed clothes and you clothed me, I was sick and you looked after me, I was in prison and you came to visit me.’
37 “Then the righteous will answer him, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38 When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39 When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?’
40 “The King will reply, ‘Truly I tell you, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers and sisters of mine, you did for me.’








No comments:

Post a Comment