Wednesday, May 4, 2016

keep my mouth shut lord.

Psalm 141:3
Set a guard, O LORD, over my mouth; Keep watch over the door of my lips.


i have been learning a lot lately about keeping my mouth shut. when you start walking through doors the lord is opening, i promise the devil is like WHOA. hold up. let me throw a wrench in this & lets see what happens. i have been praying so much that when things like this happens that i give it to him & i just don't speak about it, but lets face it.. i am human & ultimately screw up. i would talk about it with people bc i needed to "get it off my chest" but its all the same. its all gossip. i don't want to be that person. i don't like drama, but lately it has been popping up everywhere. 


He who goes about as a slanderer reveals secrets, Therefore do not associate with a gossip.


so to all of those that are my friends out there. say a prayer for me that through all of this i will keep my mouth shut & trust the lord to work it out. that i won't gossip about it, that instead i will pray about it. that i won't give any room in my life for this stuff. 

& to my friends out there. i don't want to spend my time talking about other people. there is so many other things to talk about. life. adventure. pursuing our calling. helping our community. feeding people. raising kids. baking. drinking coffee. so. many. other. things. 

-e



No comments:

Post a Comment